Hypothyroid happens when the functioning of thyroid gland slows down. Our body has got many systems which works in harmony to keep us healthy. One of these systems is hormonal or endocrine system which is an important part of our body’s equilibrium. If a single gland or hormone gets disturbed, it will affect the whole of body’s work on a micro/cellular level.
Some of the main reason for thyroid dysfunctions are- congenital, stress, medication and of course, lifestyle and diet. Thyroid gland takes up mainly iodine as its food and makes hormones.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism which is a very commonly found condition:
- Lethargy, tiredness, weakness
- Loss of interest in doing work
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin
- Thinning of hair
- Cloudiness of thoughts
- Weight gain
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism:
- Weight loss
- Nervousness, irritability
- Poor concentration
- Increased sensitivity to hot weather
- Loose motion
- Disturbed sleep
we have medicines to correct these above conditions, but it’s our suggestion to follow some of the innocent and harmless methods also:
- Yoga helps to calm your mind and de-stress your body
- Meditation helps to a great extent
- Balanced food can never go wrong in any disease- especially in thyroid, up the intake of protein, have good fats and eat more of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise is an integral part to stay healthy
Enjoy today’s moment……Love yourself and Live stress free!!